Thursday, May 23, 2019

Badassery

So with strong being on my mind it can’t have been accidental that I received a text message from the great and wonderful Ruthie. “Do you feel just a little bad ass with all your willpower?” 
It made me stop and think a minute. 
You know what? I do! 

That. Shifted my whooooole day. I felt like I could conquer all the things. 

I want to draw that. I want to draw the bad assert and will power. 

But woah what does it look like. 

A google image search “badass woman” brings back a slew of women in body suits with guns that go click click when you slide the thing up and down the barrel. Or whatever.

***added at 9:24 pm
A google doctionary search says a badass is a tough, uncompromising, or intimidating person. 

Oooh do I shy away from those? Do I see negative connotation? 
Tough? No. Tough is good.
Uncompromising. Sometimes compromise is necessary. In some cases one ought not yield. This was one of those times. 
Intimidating. Hmmmm. Truth can be intimidating. Hard experiences can be intimidating. Unknowns can be intimidating. Some might find a strong, educated, spoken (not always out or well) woman intimidating. Let me bring them in with my actions. With my love for others. With my good intent. With my hope. 

***returning to original broadcast. 

The hashtag on Instagram brings on a slew of beautiful women of all body types ready to take on the world. 

But why is badassery made iconic in a body? When I watch movies which women make me go yaaaaas and want to cheer. 

*end game spoiler 

That intentional scene from End Game with al the women? You know which one. 

When Molly Weasley tells Belatrix “Not my daughter...” and proceeds toward badassery. 

Minerva McGonagall. In all the things. 

The women of  Wakanda. 

Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Have you seen On the Basis of Sex?

Legally Blonde when Elle Woods says “What, like it’s hard?”

The breakthrough moments in Hidden Figures. 

Hmmmmmm this list is growing. Maybe I see feminine badassery more than I think. Maybe, it’s more important than I knew to name it. To call it out in other women so that they are also reminded that they have it. That it runs deep in their veins. 

Maybe badassery the notion of conquering. Triumphing. Getting to the top?
A trophy. A mountain?

But also with this notion of a force to be reckoned with.
Hell hath no fury....
Are flames the icon of a badass woman? Waves with their unyielding crash. 
Or the tree growing from the crack in a rock on the side of a cliff. Persistent. 

What to you is the icon of a badass woman?

1 comment:

  1. Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

    Over 160 thousand men and women are hacking their diet with a easy and SECRET "liquids hack" to lose 1-2 lbs every night as they sleep.

    It's very easy and it works every time.

    This is how you can do it yourself:

    1) Hold a clear glass and fill it up half glass

    2) And now follow this strange hack

    you'll become 1-2 lbs lighter as soon as tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete